Why choose to self-test?
BioSURE Self Tests provide an easy, convenient and cost-effective way for you to take control and gain accurate insight into your health from the comfort of your own home.
Your easy-to-understand, secure results include a 'traffic light' visual so you can easily identify potential areas of concern and manage them with your healthcare provider if necessary, who will recognise your results.
Whether you have a specific reason to test or have noticed a change in your general wellbeing and want discreet and fast results, self-testing can be a powerful tool to help put your mind at rest. Similarly self-testing can be a convenient way to monitor an existing health condition so you can track any changes.
How does it work?
The simple process starts with you ordering your test and sample collection kit. Free two-way delivery in included with every order.
Register your kit by scanning the QR code and collect your fingerprick blood sample.
Pop your sample in the pre-paid packaging and post directly to one of the pre-allocated award winning laboratories for testing and analysis.
You will then receive your secure results report directly to your phone or email. Your report includes detailed explanations and visual representations, so you can easily get to grips with your results.
Why choose BioSURE?
The award-winning BioSure team have decades of experience delivering medical devices in global markets and have delivered world-first, ground breaking self-tests. We are deeply passionate about the impact they can make by providing the tools to help “You Take Control of You”.
As our CEO says, "We truly believe that self-testing will revolutionise disease diagnosis in our lifetime"
Our mission is to empower everyone to take responsibility for their own wellbeing, so you can make your own informed choices with power and knowledge, on your own terms, with confidence.
So when you want to be sure, #BeBioSure
Your BioSURE test kit comes complete with everything you need. Simply prick your finger and collect the drops in the tube provided. There are some Top Tips just below.
It is really important you scan your unique QR code on your kit, so you can register your test and receive your results.
Place your sample into the pre-paid packaging supplied and pop it in a Royal Mail postbox for next day delivery the the lab.
Samples are usually processed (on working days) within 24 hours of receipt at the lab and you will receive an email as soon as they are available.
Log-in to your secure on-line dashboard where you can read your easy-to-undertand results for each biomarker.
Your results include where they fall in the 'normal' range and a traffic light system to make it simple. Your results will be recognised by your healthcare provider if you wish to discuss with them.
Top tips for collecting your blood sample
Following our tips below can help make collecting your fingerprick sample at home simple and successful.
- Take your time and relax - Scan your QR code and it will walk you through each step. There are also instructions included with your kit.
- Hydrate - Drink a glass or two of water before you take your sample.
- Wash your hands with warm water- this will help your hands relax and get blood flowing to your finger tips.
- Shake and rub hands - similar to when your hands are cold in the winter. This will also help blood flow to your finger tips.
- Keep your arm below heart level - this keeps the blood flowing
- Don’t squeeze your finger - this can make the blood clot and stop flowing. Just gently 'milk' your finger from the base to the tip to encourage blood flow.
- Do not smoke immediately before collecting your sample - this can affect your circulation
- Give yourself enough time - sample collection generally takes about 15 minutes
What else should I know?
Before you collect your sample you must scan your unique QR code on the kit to register your test, otherwise we won't be able to send you your results.
Some tests require you to fast so that your results are accurate, as food and drink can affect your result. This means you should not eat or drink anything other than water for at least 8 hours before collecting your sample
- You will be reminded of this in emails and when you register your kit.
- Try to take your sample first thing in the morning.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty or water (but not squash or juice!).
- If you feel unwell because of fasting, have something to eat and collect your sample another day
- If fasting affects your medication regime, please discuss with your doctor.
- If you forget and eat or drink something within the 8 hours of fasting, just wait and try again the next day.
We recommend taking samples on Monday-Thursday and placing them in the post the same day, so the lab received them in the best condition.